Sunday, February 27, 2011

RESPONSE TO COMMENTS

I need to react to the comments to the last blog. My vision of the earth at creation was a perfect world. It was a sub tropical environment with a large canopy of water that distributed the solar heating uniformly from pole to pole. Mammoths at the Siberian and Alaska latitudes were found eating semi-tropical plants when they were frozen after being drowned following the Flood. The Biblical story tells of the ground being watered by heavy dews every morning. I also believe that the oxygen content was closer to 30% than the current 20% that acted to heal cuts and like hyperbaric chambers enabled people to live for hundreds of years. The collapse of the canopy during the Flood permitted the high intensity solar radiation along with the change in oxygen to decrease life spans.

The Biblical story tells of the destruction of all air-breathing animals and men during the Flood. In my mind the earth did not have the high mountains that were formed by later geological events and that the world-wide flood could cover the world easily. It was accompanied by geological events and volcanic eruptions that added water to the collapse of the canopy.

I believe that later, after people restocked the earth and after the tower of Babel that at that time the one continent was divided. How fast could that happen? It would proceed at the speed of sound in the earth. I know that cracks in metal proceed at the speed of sound in certain metals and I assume that the earth can crack and move at the speed of sound in the rocks, so that it would not take long for the continents to be formed and drift apart to their present positions. This would be accompied by the geological movements that have formed the mountains and valleys and canyons. But later continued geological activity formed more of the earth as we know it now, and continues to create new islands in the Pacific.

I haven't read The Genesis Flood since it came out in the 60's but believe much of the hydrodynamic theories are accurate. I believe that all this could have happened within the 6000 years of a young earth theory. A lot of theories have been published about the canopy theory and I have seen them but have not followed all of the arguments. I was intrigued by the Australian physicists who proposed a theory that the speed of light has changed through time which explains the possibility of a young earth in the long times postulated by physicists. The Creation Quarterly has some new proposals for how the universe could be stretched out by God within a young earth time frame.

My personal effort is directed toward explaining how the earth was created by all matter being formed from "light" that has been explained by the physicist N. S. Japowlsky in his theory of rotating electromagnetic energy being the basis of all matter. It makes a lot of sense to me. The Bible is full of allusions to light. I am behind on writing the paper I have wanted to prepare for a journal.

1 comment:

  1. It seems very clear that you have been heavily persuaded by young-earth resources (I would guess AiG and ICR). Have you ever tested the "Reasons to Believe" creation model? They present a very scholarly old-earth interpretation that incorporates both scripture and science while rejecting evolutionary theory.

    Ken Ham and Dr. Lisle from AiG had a very comprehensive debate on the John Ankerberg show with Dr. Hugh Ross from RTB and Dr. Walt Kaiser (OT Scholar). I highly recommend watching the DVD (entitled "The Great Debate") as well as reading one of Dr. Ross' books, A Matter of Days. These are more comprehensive than what I can attempt in my limited amount of time.

    I appreciate your willingness to indulge my questions - I will try have some follow-up comments to your post when I get a chance.

    ReplyDelete